Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nietzche Says It's OK


Well, we have  been open in the new space for 44 hours and 36 working minutes and I think it has gone pretty well!  This week we have had a lot of training, perfecting our barista, flowers, gifts, tea, pastry, ADD with-a-smile-multi-tasking skills--and I think we are doing awesomely! Chelsea, my quantifier, has picked up our new product lines/production with ease, and her subtle milk swooshy sounds are getting quite fabulous.  
Megan, your sweet consistency is so appreciated and you have fearlessly yet femininely conquered The Machine--good job!  

Corey, who vows to be my best employee EVER, brings mad enthusiasm and killa organization skills to the table (much needed in the Apotheca madness).  

Kristin, your years of experience and laid back silly style are so great...I love that you know what you are doing and that you are always giggling about something!

Janet processed for the first time yesterday and made some BEAUTIFUL floral gatherings.  It's been nearly 2 1/2 years since your suitcase full of flowers across the county trip, thanks for sharing your Wednesdays with us.

Foxy Roxy--need I say more?  You are the Gypsy Giver.

Patti my silly, Should Be on Broadway Diva--can you believe it?  Thanks for dropping your fairy dust all over the stinkin' place.

Sarah, your first real day is today!  You're gonna rock.  Remember, the Machine is your friend....  It doesn't want to hurt you.  AND you always look like you stepped out of JCREW catalog--that's gotta give you confidence in those week moments.  Teach me.... : )

Susan, last weekend on our way to deliver the wedding, you rode in the front seat (instead of the back) with me and didn't cover your eyes once.  That was a huge step!!!   Thank you for making me go to Odiorne point on Sunday.  We had so much fun.  You can boss me around with maternal authority any time and I love your now signature "button touch". 

Christi.  You approve.  Your approval is what I live for.  Not really, but you know.  You did cry when you saw the menu board.  That was the biggest compliment EVER!!!  We have come a long way from the vase dump nearly 3 years ago....and even when you're not there, your inspired touch can be residually traced back in nearly every nook and cranny.

Mom.  : )  teehee  you are the glue.
 --yes I am a disaster.  Over the years I have learned to embrace that and stop hiding the deep dark secret.  Hardware Mike called me Pig Pen the other day.  He tried to explain the cloud was curious activity rather than dirt--curious enough to cause one to take cover but peep through a hole --safely watching from a distance.  Not sure how to take that, but I offer now this food for thought from Nietzche: "one must have chaos within one's self to give birth to a dancing star." and I add, in order to survive despite herself, one must be surrounded by dancing stars brave enough to jump in to the madness.  

Thank you for being brave and for each your one of a kind contributions-- collaboratively making Apotheca a great place that acknowledges, uplifts, and inspires as we move into our current future.  Hang on!  It's gonna be fun : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the HOTTEST women in Goffstown are the ones seen daily at Apotheca...there's No DOUBT. :)
-P

Anonymous said...

Oh my aren't we all super cute!